Monday, February 4, 2008

Etsy Featured Artist - RegalBeads

Elegance in Seed Beads. That is the subtitle in Regal Beads' shop banner, and that is what she creates! Okay, so I'm partial because seed beads just happen to be my personal favorite medium.

Kim has been crafting since she was a young child, and got hooked on beading over 5 years ago. Most people who work (play) with beads do end up getting hooked. This quote from Kim says it all, "I love the feel of the beads in my hands, the challenge of a new pattern, and the joy of a completed piece!"

Her pieces are all done using thousands of seedbeads sewn into beautiful patterns reminiscent of the Victorian age, or even ancient Egypt, but with modern colors, patterns and supplies.






"Passion" was made just in time to buy for your special lady for Valentine's Day. It was also entered in a contest where you can vote for it here http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/ .


"Green Elegance" is sure to make your friends green with envy when they spy you wearing it with pride.





I know this is a Christmas piece, especially with the name "The Night Before Christmas", but it really captivated me, and I had to add it here. Beautifully crafted!

You can view and purchase these pieces, and more, at http://www.regalbeads.etsy.com/

No comments: