Monday, February 4, 2008

Etsy Featured Artist - Paulette Insall

Paulette Insall has really found a niche for herself, with her uplifting paintings of women in various places of growth, and choice, and life. I believe these paintings embody the spirit of all women, in all walks of life.
This is Paulette's artist statement found in her profile, "My art is about the search for connection…to self, to like minded spirits, to family, and to God. Most of my work depicts a sole woman because these are the stories of my own personal search and the emotions they invoke within my soul. My hope is that the visual stories I create with my art touch people from all walks of life and let them know that they are not alone…and find comfort in that knowing." I have to tell you that her "visual stories" - and that is what they are, touched this woman. I hope her art will touch you the same way.

"Listen" is one of many prints available in her etsy shop. Each item has an explanation from the artist of what the artwork means to her. It is very interesting, so don't skip a single "story behind the original" when you go look in her shop.
(Thanks, Paulette, this one really spoke to me.)



"A New Beginning" is an original that Paulette has available. Another great story to tell.






This is a pendant made using a mini-print of Paulette's "Follow". It comes with a matching ribbon of your choice, so you can take your "story" with you. A great reminder to stick to what you know is right, no matter what.

Spend some time looking - SEEING - in Paulette's etsy shop. http://www.pauletteinsall.etsy.com/

Her website, blog, and videos on youtube are also very nice. You'll find links in her shop to start you on a fantastic journey.




No comments: