Saturday, March 8, 2008

Etsy Featured Artist - little brown bird

First off, I would like to start by telling you a few things about getting this blog together today. When I first went in to little brown bird's etsy shop, I started scrolling down the page to see what she is offering there. As I had just fixed myself a delicious mocha to enjoy while perusing her shop, my eye caught the word "mocha" in one of the titles. I thought that was kinda neat and kept scrolling. A little further down was "Rainy Day...", which is what it is here today. I decided the coincidences were even better being two, so I chose those two items to feature, then went on to find a third. Now I'm looking with an eye for today, plus it needed to be something different than another necklace or earrings. When I spied the word "Jasmine", I knew it had to be, since I had just text messaged my daughter, Jasmin, about 10 minutes prior to going to little brown bird.
Okay, so the reasons for choosing these items wasn't my usual way of picking my favorites, but as you can see by going to Mary Ryan's shop, that would be a very hard thing to do. She has lots of nice things to choose from and you can surely find several items without even looking hard. That cherry blossom silver ring just jumps out at you first thing, for example, and who wouldn't love that one?
A few things I have found out about Mary Ryan:
She is an Interior Design Consultant by day
She creates in a variety of mediums, and styles
She has traveled to some very interesting places in her life
She lives life to the fullest.

Check out these items she has for sale on etsy.com.
"Rainy Day- Decoupage Pendant Necklace" is a wooden pendant with a decoupage of a vintage picture of a girl with an umbrella in the rain.
"Jasmine Green Jasper and Sterling Silver Bracelet " is so pretty with its jasper focal stone, 2 Hill Tribe silver beads, faceted crystal, and Czech glass beads.
"Mochalicious Vintage Glass Bead Earrings" feature vintage mocha-colored glass beads with bead caps, and a small indigo bead for contrast and interest.

So texting Jasmin, and having a mocha on a rainy day can be an interesting find! Go to Mary's etsy shop and blog to see much more!
She also has a shop on etsy where she sells "raw materials" for making your own cool stuff, called InTheRaw

littlebrownbird etsy shop
InTheRaw etsy shop
littlebrownbird blog

1 comment:

Mary said...

Cheryl, what a wonderful feature! Thank you so much!